The purpose of the Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) is to enhance and support the educational experience at Voyager Public Charter School, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parental involvement, and to improve the environment at Voyager Public Charter School through volunteer and financial support. To these ends, this organization is not organized for pecuniary profit or financial gain.
PTSO Board meeting minutes are available to members only. To obtain a copy of meeting minutes, or to contact the PTSO directly, please email us at email@example.com
Please consider joining the Voyager ‘Ohana Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO). The membership registration form was included in the packet of back to school forms. Your membership helps support a variety of activities and efforts to support the students and teachers at Voyager. If you turn this in with the rest of your forms, please turn in this form separately and write a separate check payable to Voyager ‘Ohana PTSO. If you have any questions about the PTSO or how you can get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mahalo!
At our November 6th meeting, the PTSO reviewed the implementation of our Local School Wellness Policy, and recommended some revisions in language and practice. Here are some of the highlights of that review:
- Sun safety has now been added to the Wellness Policy
- Mental health was not mentioned. Not required, but important: We are addressing via Miss Angela (counselor) and SEL curriculum.
- Our discipline policy uses forms of restorative practice.
- We will consider adding mental health to the wellness policy
- Food allergies are covered by a separate policy
- This policy has been reviewed and will be publicized
- Upcoming Date: February 28th Wellness Fair